Digital Payment Solutions for Busy Professionals
There has never been a better time to start a business because of the plethora of lean digital resources for finance management that give even small businesses the infrastructure needed to compete in a global market. In today’s current economic climate, success hinges on the quick adaptation of agile and fast-paced solutions that are simple to use and deliver results quickly, and these digital payment solutions are game-changers for busy professionals everywhere.
Complete Payment Processing Platforms
Accepting a wide variety of payments helps companies and solopreneurs maximize payment intake and never miss an opportunity to make money. Every business must be able to process credit cards when need be, and the following providers make it easy to do so.
- PayPal offers a wide variety of solutions, from virtual terminals to card readers, online invoicing, web payment portals, and business loans. It’s also a widely known and accepted processing service that many people are familiar with. For online selling solutions for larger e-commerce projects, Braintree (a division of PayPal) provides merchant accounts and payment gateways in the e-commerce space. They link together multiple payment processing features into one and allow PayPal, Venmo, credit and debit cards, Apple Pay, and Google Pay payment processing on a single platform.
- Stripe is an end-to-end payment product provider that has powerful payment gateways for both in-person and online purchasing. The company also has invoicing products and services that can help businesses with financing, and implement budgets.
- Square provides multi-layered solutions in the form of a complete business toolkit that includes physical payment hardware and a whole host of virtual solutions. Payment links, QR codes, and buttons can be purchased and shared so that businesses can start selling products ASAP (even without a website). The company also has complete Point of Sale (POS) systems available for purchase, a business debit card, payroll capabilities, business loans, and analytics.
- Shopify enables businesses to sell online and can handle everything from marketing to payment processing and provides customers with secure checkouts and shipping. Companies, organizations, and independent contractors can set up virtual storefronts and have access to themes that can be used to customize online shops.
- Google Wallet and Amazon Pay are two agile payment solutions that can be used to offer clients a convenient and easy way to pay. Google Wallet users can quickly pay with credit cards in their account via mobile app, and a link to Amazon Pay can be easily embedded to websites and lead customers straight to a personalized payment portal.
Fee-Less Cash Management Apps
- CashApp enables businesses to send and receive money quickly and easily. It can also be used as a banking app to accept direct deposits and tax returns. Cash cards linked to this account are available, and easy investment options allow access to stock and bitcoin conversion.
- Zelle is a trusted banking app that links directly to personal or business bank accounts. It can inject or receive funds from customers and deposit them directly into bank accounts that can be seen immediately.
- Venmo is another fee-less service that can be used to send or receive cash. It also has a direct deposit feature, debit card, social features, and works well with local business payments.
Invoicing and Bookkeeping
- Quickbooks provides solutions that streamline bookkeeping, payroll, and invoicing for businesses. The platform also has cash management and expense tracking features that allow anyone running a business to access full-cycle accounting features normally only available to large businesses.
- Freshbooks takes accounting suites to a whole new level and adds project management, time tracking, estimates, and mobile access to its bookkeeping, payroll, invoicing, and other accounting products. Items such as general ledgers, balance sheets, and accountant access make this another superior product that businesses can rely on.
- Honeybook goes even further by adding on contract, client communication, and proposal generation features to invoicing. It integrates with Quickbooks and also has a scheduler, which makes this a true all-in-one solution.
Digital solutions add a new layer of ease in managing finances that will change business forever. With both fee-less cash transfer apps and comprehensive accounting product and service suites available, pros may want to consider incorporating multiple payment methods to meet client’s or customers’ needs and retain the most revenue. It’s also critical to keep in mind that many older institutions are still evolving, and having paper checks on hand will help businesses navigate any type of financial situation that may come their way. The world is on the move and having agile payment solutions will help business pros move with it.
Abigail Baker is a writer for Checkworks, a retailer for personal and business checks.